During Fort Wayne Ancestry Day's Ask the Experts Panel, we received so many questions that we were unable to answer them all during the event. The following is a question asked and The Genealogy Center staff's response.

What is the best way to find information about a law suit our grandparents had against the federal government?

Such a lawsuit would have been filed in federal court. Your question does not indicate the city or state where the grandparents lived. The first step would be to contact the federal courthouse for the place where the family lived. Depending on how far back the suit occurred, the records may be archived in one of the regional National Archives branches. The federal courthouse should be able to advise.